Communities Grow with Transit
- For every dollar communities invest in public transportation, approximately $4 is generated in economic returns.
- 1.4 million jobs are created or sustained annually.
- Every $1 billion invested in public transportation supports and creates more than 50,000 jobs .
- $204 billion in business sales are generated each year.
- 87% of public transportation trips directly benefit the economy by getting people to work and connecting them to local businesses.
- Home values performed 42 percent better on average if they were located near public transportation with high-frequency service.
- Public transportation is a $68 billion industry that puts people to work – directly employing nearly 420,000 people.
- $29 billion in local, state, and federal tax revenue are generated each year.