There are numerous directories available online or at your public library that can help you develop smart media lists. These resources include:
- Bacon’s Media Lists: A database of 60,000 media outlets and nearly 400,000 editorial contacts. The lists are based on a daily updated computer file and available in the form of custom-selected lists on labels, diskette or e-mail.
- All-in-One Directory: A compact directory of 23,000 listings for daily and weekly papers, radio and television, business and trade magazines, etc.
- Burelle’s Media Directories: Directories include more than 30,000 U.S. contacts arranged by daily and non-daily newspapers, news services and feature syndicates, magazines and newsletters, radio and television stations and local cable systems.
- CorporateNews.com: A Web-based directory of 30,000 online and off-line media outlets, from daily papers to E-zines. Listings are updated regularly and include e-mail addresses.
- Editor and Publisher International Yearbook: Listings of daily, national, weekly, religious and college newspapers in the United States and Canada.